Everything You Need to Know about Mind Mapping Software
Mind mapping software is a powerful tool for the knowledge worker, a platform for development and business planning of today. Due to its inherent flexibility the manner in which it encapsulates information and ideas so that they are readily manipulated, annotated and rearranged nothing can equal a well-crafted visual map in regards to communicating ideas and building consensus around them.However, like most types of Productivity software, mind mapping software is a double-edged sword. It can be used to thoughts that were obscure and confuse others. To help ensure that your mind maps do not fall into this latter group, here are ten mistakes you should avoid when using mind mapping software to make visual maps to your work:
- Do not include detail on your mind maps. It is too easy to create topics with unnecessary amounts of detail which will make visual clutter and may be confusing to other people, should you share your maps together.
- Do not be arbitrary in your use of shapes, color line styles and visual components of your map. Each one of these can help convey context or meaning if used consistently and methodically. Used confusion can be caused by them.
- Avoid using too Text on your topics. Use keywords that are specific to draw your audience into your map’s stream. Keep your topic names. If you wish to add more detail, then use your app’s notes feature to keep that information. This will keep it reducing clutter while keeping it only a single mouse click away.
- Do not ignore your program’s icons or symbols. They may be used to assist your map’s contents and are useful when you need to filter a map’s contents.
- Avoid over-use of visual mapping. Like anything, it is likely to take your mind mapping software to its extreme.
- Do not create one asit is going to quickly become unmanageable tremendous map with everything in it. Leverage the capacity of your program multiple maps, all which are easier to understand and control.
- Do not just create Mind maps.
- Avoid map shock. A viewer can be overwhelmed when seeing an intricate visual map and can experience map jolt. Look at presenting information in formats and both mapped to avoid overwhelming your audience.
- Avoid the Wisdom that communicating is about imagination and inspiration. It is actually much more. It is a tool for developing, managing information overload and executing projects, making choices and has many company advantages.
- Avoid reinventing the wheel. Look in and on the internet books for strategies and practices.